Paddlers for Humanity is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in East Hampton, NY that raises money and awareness for local and global organizations dedicated to bettering children's lives. We also support local families in crisis and award scholarships to local students.
Funds are raised through a series of paddling and running adventures and challenges.
Our commitment to you - our athletes, donors, volunteers, and supporters - is to judiciously evaluate the charities, causes, projects, families, and individuals that receive gifts from us.
Who We Are
Now in our fifth year as an all-volunteer non-profit organization, Paddlers for Humanity is proud to have raised and given away over $700,000. Here is how everyone has made a difference:
- Acumen Fund - $5000 towards a microfinance project in India
- buildOn - $45,000 - $15,000 to support the Hamptons Chapter and $30,000 to build a school in Nicaragua
- Callen-Lorde - $7,500 to support the Health Outreach for Teens Program
- East End of Long Island Food Pantries - $11,500 to provide food
- East Hampton Day Care Learning Center - $80,000 to fund scholarships
- East Hampton Trails Preservation Society and SpokesPeople- $1650 to maintain local trails
- East Hampton Youth Lacrosse - $500 to purchase gear
- Hamptons Lifesaving Association - $2250 for vital equipment
- HSI - Housing and Services Inc - $13,000 towards an educational program for needy New Yorkers
- International Surgical Mission Support - $15,000 for medical support in India
- LICOP - $19,100 to sponsor surf camps for autistic children in Montauk
- Miracle House - $12,500 to benefit the Food Program, plus $295,000 previously
- Montauk Playhouse Community Center - $48,500 towards the Aquatic Center
- PRASAD - $59,500 to the Children's Dental Program
- The Retreat - $42,500 towards the Family Services Program
- Women's Prison Association - $22,500 for the Family Education Program
The P4H East Fund Catastrophic Fund continues to assist families and individuals who are struggling with financial or health challenges.
We have awarded seven college scholarships to students graduating from East Hampton High School.
In our previous incarnation as organizers of the Miracle Paddle, $295,000 was raised for Miracle House.
Board of Directors
Fred Doss, Co-President
Ed Cashin, Co-President
James S. Bradley, Vice President and Secretary
Weil, Gotshal & Manges, Pro Bono Legal Counsel